On Day Two of potty training Riley, this is what I know for sure:
- I know a lot about poop. Period.
- Smartphones and tablets have transformed potty training. Apps on the Kindle Fire have been a godsend for keeping Riley’s tush on the potty for more than twelve seconds at a time.
- “Flushed Away,” an animated movie about a British mouse named Roddy who gets flushed down the toilet and discovers an underground mouse city, is a great tool to demystify the scary, dark hole at the bottom of the toilet bowl. This movie should be on every parent’s potty training supply list.
- Potty training never ends, Riley is the one on the hot seat (literally), but Dylan has wet his bed two nights in a row.
- Laundry does not put itself away.
- Kids remember everything. I told the boys I would take them to the Naples Zoo when Riley was done with potty training. Now, every time Riley pees, he asks, “Can we go to the Naples Zoo now?”