In honor of nothing in particular, I’m going to spend the week publishing lists. Doing so will allow me to simultaneously stay connected to my readers and maintain an inappropriate fixation on my colonoscopy.
If you need to reach me, I’ll be in my happy place sipping non-red, non-purple juice and sucking on non-red, non-purple popsicles.
I’m turning into my mom, which is mostly a good thing. (I’m turning into my dad, too. That list is forthcoming.)
Top 10 Ways I’m Turning Into My Mom
- I’ve taken to baking.
- With a lot of butter.
- Early in the morning.
- While wearing an apron.
- I continue wearing an apron long after I finish baking (or cooking).
- I listen to talk radio in the car.
- I jot down to do lists on random pieces of paper all over the house.
- I worry about apple juice spilling on the carpet.
- I have a sensitive digestive system, which is aggravated by long to do lists and anxiety over imagined spilled beverages.
- I wish I had a condo on the beach in Aruba, too.
Editor’s note: I love you, Mom!
Are you turning into your mom? (Or dad?) Is it a good thing?