This morning, I asked Dylan what he loves. His answer was: “everyone.” Riley’s response to the same question was: “waffles and diapers.” (This, I believe, is a warning sign that potty training this weekend might be a colossally bad idea.)
In the world of astrology – if you like that stuff – my boys are like water (Dylan) and fire (Riley). Just look in their eyes and you can see it.
In honor of this Valentine’s Day, here are some things I love (besides my husband, kids, dog and all that other obvious stuff):
1. Dancing in my kitchen with Dylan and Riley to Jack Johnson’s “Upside Down.” Riley calls it the Curious George song. (FYI: There’s more evidence of water and fire on the dance floor: Where Dylan is a breaker, Riley is a krumper.)
2. Pinterest. I was invited to join last night (thanks Carrie!), and it was love at first sight. I have little to no idea how it works, but I can already tell it’s going to occupy a lot of my time. (Sociology Mama moment: Social media has completely revolutionized motherhood, especially stay-at-home motherhood! Another post for another time…)
3. My new alarm clock/iPhone dock.
|The iPhone sits on top, but I needed it to take the picture. 🙂|
5. Kale. Random, but I love it. Sautéed with extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Yum.
6. Today’s weather. I’m a New England girl in my soul (Jenny from the Peabody block!), but after almost eight years in South Florida, I have grown to appreciate Florida winters. I’ll sing a different tune in a few months when it’s 92° with 100% humidity every day until Thanksgiving, but today’s weather – sunny, dry, and 75° – is a gift.
What’s on your love list?